Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday Teacup - Minty Splash.

Even though spring has been very shy raising its head above the frozen earth this year, the brave little mint plants have been battling on, and the first sprigs have pushed their way up through the soil. So I decided to pick a few sprigs and make some fresh mint tea.






Mint tea is absolutely amazing for digestion. If I have indigestion, have had a large meal or my stomach is giving me some trouble I always make some fresh mint tea. Mint is so easy to grow and is pretty indestructible, we grow it in pots outside the front of our apartment but it will grow really well on window sills if you have nowhere else to put it. To make a cup of mint tea all you have to do is pick some sprigs of mint, give them a really good wash then put them in a cup and cover with hot water. I love the taste of mint tea just as it is, it can be an acquired taste at first so if you are not too keen add a teaspoon of honey or agave syrup.   

Happy tea drinking <3

xkx

No comments:

Post a Comment