Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Total Rip off of Damien Hirst Because I can't Afford to Buy My Own!

Earlier this year Ed and I journeyed down to the smoke (London) to see the Damien Hirst exhibition at the Tate Modern. I was SO excited because I am a total fan girl of his work and had wetted my appetite by watching the Channel 4 Private View with Noel Fielding months before we managed to get down there. 

It did not disappoint, it was all so amazing. There was even a room full of tropical butterflies just fluttering around feasting on fruit. He also had created absolutely huge works made out of butterfly wings that looked just like stained glass windows. 

This weekend we are visiting my parents in Shropshire and mum has some enormous buddleia bushes that the butterflies just flock around. I've been struggling through a migraine for the last couple of days so I was just spending some time outside in the country air when I saw that there were these wings just lying on the lawn. I'm guessing that something had been munching on the butterflies but didn't like the wings too much.   



I found this poor little bumblebee dead in some china cups I was sorting through that my mum had dug out of the attic. (Ed was really scared of it hehe). 




Hope you are all having a great weekend <3

No comments:

Post a Comment