Sunday, December 23, 2012

That's a Wrap!

The day has come to wrap the Xmas presents. I had this idea to stamp our own paper this year and Ed loved the idea. Ed gets the last word in this matter as he is resident present wrapper of the house. Whenever I wrap anything it just looks like a bear has tried to tie paper around a spiny tree.


I bought some brown paper, some festive coloured acrylic paint and some yuletide stamps. I was going to make my own stamps out of foam card but I decided that with the time I had left, ready made stamps were the way forward. 


We had a stamp cube each and kept our cube to our own colour! Ed was green and I was bronze. I thought it was cute how much Ed enjoyed it.


We didn't mind that some of the stamps were a bit smudgy and some were laden with a touch too much paint, after all we wanted to make our own paper so it had that cottage chic flare to it. 


Ed is so good at wrapping gifts that I decided to make him take pictures of all the wrapping steps, to help those poor bears with spiny trees out there like me.  I made the brown paper rosette out of small strips of brown paper glued together and I think the paper looked super cute when the gifts were wrapped up in it. We will definitely be doing it again next year. 


Here is the start of the pile of presents that is growing by the minute as Ed is totally on a mission tonight to get everything wrapped. Instead of labels we decided to write directly on the brown paper in a green pen which has worked out really well. This paper worked out soooo much cheaper than the stuff you buy in the shops and it was really quick to do and didn't take long to dry either because we used acrylic paint. 

Only 2 more sleeps to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment