Saturday, July 21, 2012

Plant Sale Adventure in the SUN

I woke up this morning... and it was sunny! If you are not from the UK you may not be aware of how much rain we have been having the past few month. So when I saw that delightful fiery ball in the sky I knew I had to go and see what adventures there were to be had. Ed and I meandered down the street from where we live and there was a plant sale. I don't have many vices in my life but books and plants (especially herbs) make me weak at the knees. 


 I love having a good fondle of the leaves. 


 I thought the pink and yellowy cream of these flowers were just beautiful, kind of pudding colours. 


I love this bloom so much, unfortunately I was so excited about the prettiness of it I forgot to see what it was called. The colours reminded me of poisonous mushrooms.


I couldn't believe how big these bulbs were! I think they were for some sort of lilly, probably that grew right up to the sky.


Lavender *sigh* one of my most favourite plants in the whole world. But I am a bit of a purist and my affection is plainly pointed towards English lavender, I just think it is prettier and smells nicer... but maybe I'm just biased.  


All the colours, all the beautiful knowledgable little labels peeking from behind the plants like a joyous paper headstone.


Daisies always remind me of my lovely mum, they are her all time favourite flower.  


I have to be a little restrained at plant sales or I would just buy everything. I was very good today and only bought one plant, its possibly one of the cutest herbs ever, it's a thyme called Rasta. The leaves are so tiny and it has miniature, lavender-pink flowers that open from crimson-red buds in summer.


 The colour of these make me think of tequila sunrises *yum*.


We ended up walking past the green grocers and I couldn't help but buy some local raspberries that Ed and I shared in the park in the sunshine. It was a very relaxed morning. Now I have to get ready for my hen do tonight *eek*. 

No comments:

Post a Comment