Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Adventure with Chums at Matlock Bath.

Spring has thrown some tempting weekends our way of late, there is still a enough of a nip in the air to threaten winter hasn't quite passed though. My chums and I decided to take a trip out on a lovely sunny Sunday, to have a well overdue adventure, to Matlock Bath. 

The first time I went to Matlock Bath, I thought it was charming and eccentric. It is like being at the seaside, with loads of places to buy nic-nacs, fish and chip shops and arcades. The only difference is that you are inland, with a near-by river instead of the ocean. Matlock Bath also has a chocolate shop which sells possibly the most delicious chocolate I have ever eaten! It is so yummy that Ed will never share this chocolate with me so I always have to make sure that we both have a bag.  

Once we were all fed we decided to head up to the cable cars and take an airborne trip to the Heights of Abraham. On seeing that it was £14 each we decided we would find our own way up. As we all had no idea where we were going, we ended up taking a really long, windy path ascending up to the cable car station. It was a long climb, but totally worth it. The joke was on us when we asked for directions to get back down to the car parks and the decent took us all of 10 minutes!    



I had such a fun day, it was really nice to spend time with my friends whilst exploring the great outdoors in the Spring sunshine. I'm looking forward to the next adventure already.  

Hope you are making the most of the lovely weather <3
Much Love,
Kirst  

No comments:

Post a Comment